The NW Daily Marker is the owner and operator of NWDailyMarker.com (the Website), a website providing original reporting, updated links to the latest news, analysis of current events, and contributions from many notable commentators and civic leaders on national and Pacific Northwest regional issues.
NWDailyMarker.com is operated entirely within the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that any information – including personal data – you provide to us will be transferred to and processed in the United States. You hereby consent to these transfers.
I. WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
A. Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected When Using Our Services
NW DAILY MARKER collects non-personally identifiable information automatically through the use of electronic tools such as web beacons, “cookies”, and clickstream data that are deployed on the Website.
- Web Beacons – A web beacon is a type of picture file used on the Internet. Web beacons are used in combination with cookies to help monitor traffic at NWDailyMarker.com and understand the ways in which users interact with content on the website.
- Clickstream Data – In addition, NW DAILY MARKER may use third-party software to analyze the Web pages that your computer visits while visiting the website. This information, called “clickstream data,” is associated with your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address and includes other information such as the type of browser your computer uses to access the Internet. We collect clickstream data to optimize search engine results and may also use clickstream data to analyze which portions of our website draw the most traffic so we can improve performance of our websites. This clickstream data may be shared with third party advertisers and marketing companies.
B. Personally Identifiable Information Collected When Using our Services
NW DAILY MARKER may collect certain types of personally identifiable information — that is, information that can identify an individual — including but not limited to:
- e-mail address;
- date of birth;
- zip code;
- credit or debit card information;
- username; and
We may collect some or all of this information if you:
- visit the website and make inquiries through the Website;
- purchase products or services on the Website;
- share your e-mail address to subscribe to email newsletters;
- share personal information when you post comments, messages, letters and the like on the Website;
- participate in any surveys, contests, or sweepstakes sponsored by NW DAILY MARKER;
register on NWDailyMarker.com;
- share personal information when you provide tips, comments or questions to our news department; or
II. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
We use your personally identifiable information for various reasons, including:
- to deliver content that you have requested from the website;
- to send e-mails that you have requested to receive from NW DAILY MARKER;
- to provide you with information about services, products, and features that may be of interest to you.
- we may from time to time send you special offers and advertisements for products or services offered by third parties. We will not disclose any of your personal information to such third parties when we do this; and
- in response to inquiries that you initiate with us about any aspect of the website.
III. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
NW DAILY MARKER may share personally identifiable information with others, such as:
- third-party service providers who provide technical support for the operation of the website;
- third-party marketers, advertisers, research companies, and non-profit organizations;
- law enforcement authorities, government agencies, courts, or other entities, when:
- we believe in good faith that the law requires it;
- we deem it necessary or appropriate to provide such information; or
- to otherwise protect our rights.
- another business, in the course of a sale to or merger with such business; or
- a court, another business, or other interested party in the event of a bankruptcy proceeding, in which case the information about you would be among the many assets shared or transferred.
- Third-party merchants with from whom you choose to make a purchase through the Website
IV. HOW CAN YOU MAKE CHOICES ABOUT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
You can always choose not to submit any personally identifiable information to NW DAILY MARKER.
If you do not wish to receive communications from NW DAILY MARKER, you can unsubscribe to our e-mails. We will include an opt-out link or reply address in each such e-mail. After unsubscribing, you will be removed from our database. Please allow us up to 10 business days to process your request. After unsubscribing, you may still receive messages about the status of your account, to resolve technical issues, or to confirm a new registration with us.
If you wish to make changes to any personally identifiable information that you have provided us, or if you have any questions about what we do with your personally identifiable information, please send an e-mail to privacy@NWDailyMarker.com.
V. LINKS TO OTHER (THIRD PARTY) WEBSITES
VI. HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the personally identifiable information we collect, we have implemented physical, electronic, and administrative procedures. These measures are based on commercially reasonable standards that similar companies use.
NO DATA TRANSMITTED OVER THE INTERNET, HOWEVER, CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE AT ALL TIMES. Although we have implemented security measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of such information.
This website is not directed to children. NW DAILY MARKER does not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from or about children under 13, except as permitted by law. If we discover that we have received any personally identifiable information from a child under 13, we will delete such information from our servers and records promptly.
IX. GOVERNING LAW
X. HOW TO CONTACT US
Copyright (c) 2011, NW Daily Marker